Important: Please completely read these Official Rules before entering this virtual contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the Stay Wired to Win page on the www.IDEALind.com website and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., 1375 Park Ave., Sycamore, Illinois, 60178
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE STAY WIRED TO WIN CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIANS OR STUDENTS IN AN ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PROGRAM WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OR OLDER IN DE, AL OR NE; 21 YEARS OR OLDER IN MS, AND 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit one (1) entry per contestant, per contest.
3. OVERVIEW AND PROMOTION PERIODS. Eligible contestants participate in a contest by following the instructions provided on the IDEALind.com website. Competitors consist of two divisions: (a) Professional (“Pro” or "Professional") and (b) Student/Apprentice (“Student”). The contest consists of different competition levels (“Competition Levels”). The goal is to successfully complete the tasks per competition instructions.
• Individual contestants: Individual contestants may sign up as either a Pro or a Student depending on their status at the time of the competition. During competitions, Pro and Student contestants will follow the competition instructions for beginning and ending the contest.
• Qualifying Round(s) - Four (4) competitions will be announced on IDEALind.com on April 8, 2021; May 10, 2021; June 10, 2021; July 8, 2021 and August 12, 2021. Each competition is unique with different submission requirements. The Qualifying Round period is from April 8, 2021 through July 22, 2021. During the Qualifying Round, the competitors with the top five (5) scores in each category from every competition, with the exception of the May competition, advance to the Finals. The top two (2) scores in each category from the May competition advance to the Finals (Collectively, the Students and Pros will be referred to as the “Finalists”). For purposes of the competitions, there will be no ties; each Qualifying Round competition will have a tiebreaker announced in the competition instructions.
• Finals – The Finals will take place online on August 12, 2021 through August 15, 2021 (the "Finals") where the Finalists will compete in one (1) competition, in their respective categories. Three (3) Pros and (3) Students will be declared the grand prize winners.
4. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, contestants can visit the Stay Wired to Win page on the IDEALind.com website and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry during the entry dates listed below. A second method to entry is available exclusively for the May 10, 2021 competition, where contestants can visit the IDEAL Electrical Instagram page and follow the instructions on the post to submit their entry. NO OTHER METHODS OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by contestant’s online service providers will apply. Only one submission per competitor per contest is allowed for the April, June, and July contests. Contestants may submit
multiple entries for the May contest. The dates and times of the events are determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor and may be subject to change. All video entries must be submitted during the applicable entry periods. Failure to submit all required information and submission in the manner required may result in disqualification. Proof of submission of a video entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
QUALIFYING ROUNDS ENTRY DATES
• April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through April 22, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
• May 10, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through May 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
• June 10, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through June 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
• July 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through July 22, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
FINAL ROUND COMPETITION DATES
• August 12, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through August 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided at time of Contest entry become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the contestant disqualified.
6. PRIZES. During the Qualifying Round, the competitors with the top five (5) scores in each category from every competition advance to the Finals and will receive a $100 Cash and a forged wire stripper.
PRIZES AFTER FINAL ROUND:
Three (3) Pro contestants placing first, second, and third will advance to the Championship Week competition held in Nashville, TN December 16-18, 2021 (“Championship Finalist”).
Three (3) Student contestants placing first, second, and third will advance to the Championship Week competition held in Nashville, TN December 16-18, 2021 (“Championship Finalist”).
7. ODDS OF WINNING, TAXES, AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the contest, and on each participant’s skill level. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported by Sponsor to the IRS for tax purposes, as required by law. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. SPONSOR DOES NOT PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. Contestants ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THEIR OWN TAX ADVISOR REGARDING TAX IMPLICATIONS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $599.00 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS Form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS by Sponsor. For Canadian winners, Sponsor may withhold applicable US taxes, if required by law. The prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after delivery of notification, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful or, alternatively, winner fails or refuses to provide any information required in this section. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted, unless otherwise provided herein.
8. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be determined by best score in Student and Pro categories at the Qualifying Round(s) and by the best score at the Finals, as described in Section 3. Eligible video and image entries received during the June entry period will be judged by a judging panel consisting of Sponsor’s employees, who will score the video entries in accordance with the judging criteria referenced at IDEALind.com in the Stay Wired to Win section. Eligible video and image entries received during the May entry period will be voted on by Instagram users. The entries that receive the most votes will be named the winners. If applicable, the time stamp on contestant’s mobile device shall be considered the official time. Judgment calls, qualification decisions, and scoring by the judging panel are final and binding. The final winners will be announced August 19, 2021, on IDEALind.com. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions provided in the notification.
9. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST; WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at www.IDEALind.com , or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: Stay Wired to Win – Official Rules. To obtain a list of contest winners, visit www, IDEALind.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size
envelope after August 31, 2021 to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: Stay Wired to Win – Winners List.
10. USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sponsor's licensees to use the winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. RELEASE. By entering this Contest you release Sponsor, all participating distributors, retailers, schools or cosponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, wholesalers, distributors, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action related to any claim, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, acceptance, possession, use or inability to use any prize (including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or intentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late entries; (b) any electronic, hardware, software, malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the
Contest. Released Parties are not responsible or liability to any participant or winner for failure to continue the Contest or supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasigovernmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control. Sponsor is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a purpose. Sponsor will have no further obligation to winners beyond as stated in these Official Rules.
13. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any contestant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Further, Sponsor’s reserves the right to suspend or cancel a contestant’s participation in this event and future events, at any time during the Contest, in its absolute and sole discretion, for any unruly behavior or misconduct, including without limitation harassment, intimidation, threats or acts of violence or exhibiting poor sportsmanship. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Contest for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to the winner with the next best tallied time from all eligible entries for each category received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or activity that defrauds or is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification, forfeiture of any prizes won, and possible prosecution to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Instagram is not a sponsor of, or otherwise associated with this promotion.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois. Contestants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Illinois. Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please mail written questions to IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc., Attn: Stay Wired to Win Contest – Contest Questions, 1375 Park Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178. Championship Final rounds are conducted under the auspices of the US National Electrical Code as chosen by the Sponsor.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. The copyrights to the Official Rules and all accompanying materials belong to Sponsor. © 2021 by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. All rights reserved.